The team that makes up A Fitting Connection have all been extremely busy with the lead up to CNY, but Corine has squeezed in a little time to answer a few questions so you can all get to know her a little better.
1. Why do you love doing what you do?
I love the challenge of enabling a pattern & piece fabric to come together in just the right way to bring a Fashion illustration to life.
2. How long have you been in the fashion industry?
Nearly 20 years
3. Have you always been a seamstress / fit specialist?
Yes, Since I was around 14 years old when i first started sewing. It’s always been a part of who I am.
4. What are some of the labels/brands you have worked for/with? And which one stood out from the rest?
Levis, Grab Denim, Yarra Trail, 17 Sundays
Levis, it had the strongest Brand presence in the industry at that time and it was so amazing to see how a brand was marketed back in the days prior to social media & online shopping.
5. What has been your most rewarding job?
I would have to say Levis has had the biggest impact in my career. It had a great culture and procedures & systems in place. I had the opportunity to work across Menswear/ Womens wear and also European Levis product. I learnt so much in my time there from some of the best design & production people in the business as well as some lifetime friendships.
6. What excites you about the future in fashion?
I love that technology is playing an integral part in textile design creating new and innovative fabrics with less toxic materials and waste helping the environment and mill workers.
7. What would you like to see more of in the industry?
On trend Plus size fashion
8. What are your favourite brands and why?
Dior for their authentic couture & timeless shapes.
9. Moving away from the fashion industry, what makes your heart sing?
I love yoga & meditation, I also love to sing and write music in my spare time.
Thank you so much for sharing your passion and a little insight to the person that you are Corine. It’s an honour to have you as a part of our team here at ‘A Fitting Connection’. Bring on CNY so we can enjoy a glass of bubbles and not have to worry if we are going to make deadlines or not.
Katrina & Team x